Results 1 to 7 of 7

  1. #1
    plainmike
    Guest

    Default How do I email a story.

    This may be an IE10 question. I just started w/Win8-IE10 and I'm still trying to figure things out. When I was reading a news article, I wanted to email the URL to a friend so she could read it. In Win7-IE8 it was a simple cut and paste. But I can't figure out any way to do it w/Win8-IE10. How do I get the URL to display when I'm reading an article? In the alternative, is there some way I can just jump to Outlook and email the article as an attachment?

  2. #2
    badrobot
    Guest

    Default Re: How do I email a story.

    Quote Originally Posted by plainmike View Post
    This may be an IE10 question. I just started w/Win8-IE10 and I'm still trying to figure things out. When I was reading a news article, I wanted to email the URL to a friend so she could read it. In Win7-IE8 it was a simple cut and paste. But I can't figure out any way to do it w/Win8-IE10. How do I get the URL to display when I'm reading an article? In the alternative, is there some way I can just jump to Outlook and email the article as an attachment?

    I never actually use my Win 8 to browse the web but one method you can do is to right-click on blank space on the browser and select "Properies". One of the lines there should give you the URL to copy and paste. There should also be a "send to email" option there but you have to setup a default email account on your Win 8. Some web pages have a "Share" button feature where you can choose how you want to share the page--- by FB,Twitter, Email, etc. Have a look around the pages you are browsing on.

  3. Windows 8 Forums Ads
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,222

  4. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    USA, NC
    Posts
    736

    Default Re: How do I email a story.

    Which version of IE are you using the app version or the desktop version?

  5. #4
    plainmike
    Guest

    Default Re: How do I email a story.

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    I never actually use my Win 8 to browse the web but one method you can do is to right-click on blank space on the browser and select "Properies". One of the lines there should give you the URL to copy and paste. There should also be a "send to email" option there but you have to setup a default email account on your Win 8. Some web pages have a "Share" button feature where you can choose how you want to share the page--- by FB,Twitter, Email, etc. Have a look around the pages you are browsing on.
    Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, it apparently only works when I use the Desktop and I can't figure any way to access everything available on the Win8 Start page.
    Mike

  6. #5
    plainmike
    Guest

    Default Re: How do I email a story.

    I'm trying to use the app version because, from the Start page, I have a variety of options (Finance, Sports etc.). It looks like I can only do this from the desktop which, as I say, limits my options.

  7. #6
    badrobot
    Guest

    Default Re: How do I email a story.

    Quote Originally Posted by plainmike View Post
    Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, it apparently only works when I use the Desktop and I can't figure any way to access everything available on the Win8 Start page.
    Mike
    Actually, if you right click on IE app, the address bar will pop-up at the bottom of the webpage.

  8. #7
    plainmike
    Guest

    Default Re: How do I email a story.

    I can do that when I open IE from the Start page. However, there are a lot of other apps on the Start page. When you click on the "Finance" app from the Start page, it apparently launches IE but it does not display an address bar. When you right click, you are still in the app and the only options you have are related to that app (refresh for example).

    What I was trying to figure out is how I can share a story from the Sports app on the Start page. The right click option only works when I'm in the IE app but I can't figure out how to access any of the other apps (Finance or Sports) after I have opened IE from the Start page.

    I actually kind of like Win8 but it has some real limitations as far as I can see. Hopefully, 8.1 and whatever upgrade they offer for IE10 will offer a little more functionality. If I'm using the Desktop app, I can pretty much navigate my way around. I was just hoping I could accomplish the same thing from the Start page.

    Anyway, thanks for your help.

    Mike
    Last edited by plainmike; 08-24-2013 at 12:07 PM.

Thread: How do I email a story. - Windows 8

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Featured Pages:    Windows 8 | Windows 8 Forum | Windows 8 Install | Windows 8 Error | Windows 8 Download | Windows 8 System Requirements | Windows 8 Themes | Windows 8 Key | Windows 8 Drivers| Windows 8 Security | Windows 8 Hardware | Windows 8 Networking | Windows 8 Performance | Windows 8 Sound | Windows 8 Software | Windows 8 Tutorials | Windows 8 Virtualization Virtual Desktop Windows 8 | Windows 8 Registry | Windows 8 Backup | Windows 8 Recovery | Windows 8 Restore | Windows 8 Firewall | Windows 8 Aero Theme | Windows 8 Blue Screen | Windows 8 Activation| SEO by WebProfits