View Full Version : Windows 8 Driver Verifier
12-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Let's directly to the point. Yesterday I decided to run a driver verification check on windows 8 Pro 64 bit using the built-in Driver Verifier. After that my computer has blue-screened multiple many times and got stuck into a reboot loop.
does anyone know what could be causing this? maybe you have experienced the same in win 8, so i come here for some help.
many thanks in advance.
02-14-2011, 04:25 PM
In fact, if the the Driver Verifier (DV) finds a violation, it will result in a BSOD.
And after restart, you may not be able to enter the normal windows.
• Boot into SAFEMODE - tap the F8 key repeatedly during boot-up
... • Select "System Restore"
... • Choose the restore point that you created in step #1
- For Driver Verifier status - type verifier /query (in a cmd/DOS screen)
- To turn Driver Verifier off - verifier /reset then re-boot
- The Driver Verifier needs to run as long as possible - even if the status screen appears clear.
- All future BSOD dumps must be VERIFIER_ENABLED_MINIDUMPs - otherwise the dump(s) are of no use
If your system does BSOD while the Driver Verifier is running, please retrieve the dump file from c:\windows\minidump, zip it up & attach to your next post.
hope this do you a favor.
03-09-2011, 05:18 PM
I have also met the some problem if you mean the hard disc driver self-checking. Then I would try the solutions above. My computer is also running with Windows 8.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
SEO by vBSEO